- Above-grade-level Test (taken in or before the 9th grade year): SAT M ≥520 (taken before March 2016) OR SAT M ≥550 (taken March 2016 or later) OR ACT M ≥22
- On-level Test (taken in the 10th or 11th grade year): SAT M ≥710 (taken before March 2016) OR SAT M ≥740 (taken March 2016 or later) OR ACT M ≥30
- If test scores are not available, or do not meet the criteria, students are welcome to apply via Admission Portfolio.
PREREQUISITES: Algebra I AND demonstrated programming experience
Do you have an idea for the next killer app? Or, do you want to know how apps are made? In this course, build apps using Swift, Apple’s latest development language for the iPhone and iPad. In a workshop environment, learn how to build apps and utilize tools such as Agile Project Management and pair programming. Provide and receive critique on your code, learning how to justify your syntax and problem-solve in a collaborative environment that facilitates insight and innovation. By the end of the course, have the skills to build your own apps, and improve your teamwork and time management skills. This course is taught by professional mobile app developers for a true boot-camp experience.
- All students are required to bring their own Mac laptop computer (not a tablet) for this course. An iOS mobile device is also recommended (such as an iPod Touch, iPhone, or iPad).
- Eligible for Sandra Dennhardt Technology Scholarship.
- Residential students live on campus and may travel via CTA to class each day.
- Partnership course tuition rate. See the Tuition & Fees webpage for details.
HIGH SCHOOL CREDIT OFFERED: 1 semester
OFFERED: Sessions 1
ABOUT THIS PARTNERSHIP: The Mobile Makers Academy, located in San Francisco and Chicago, offers iOS application development coursework that turns novices into employable programmers and developers in eight weeks. Mobile Makers’ expert instructors will turn Equinox students into app developers with a compressed, accelerated version of their established curriculum.