Step 1: Select Applicant Type
Gifted LearningLinks (GLL) welcomes applications from New Applicants, Prequalified Applicants and Admission Portfolio Applicants. We also encourage applications from school groups and home school groups enrolling five or more students at a time. Please check our Course Reference Chart for eligibility requirements prior to beginning the application process.
To begin the application process, click on the applicant type best suited to you based on the descriptions below.
If you are applying for an Independent Study course, please fax in your completed Independent Study Proposal and complete and application for Honors Electives. The Independent Study option will be listed alphabetically, but not charged as an Honors Elective course.
You are a new applicant if you are in kindergarten through grade 12 and you meet any one of the following criteria:
- You have never attended Gifted LearningLinks and you have qualifying test scores.
- You have previously attended Gifted LearningLinks, you are now applying for a course in a different subject area and you have qualifying test scores in this new subject area.
You are a prequalified applicant if you are in kindergarten through grade 12 and you meet the following criteria:
- You have successfully completed a Gifted LearningLinks course or another course from a Center for Talent Development program in the same subject area.
|If you have taken GLL 3-month enrichment classes or attended the Apogee Summer Program in the past but are now applying for a 9-month course, you need to apply as a New Applicant or as an Admission Portfolio Applicant. This is because scores on nationally normed tests are no longer acceptable for credit-bearing high school courses.|
Admission Portfolio Applicant
You are an admission portfolio applicant if you are in grades 3 through 12 and you meet the following criteria:
- You do not have qualifying test scores because you have either 1) never taken a nationally normed standardized achievement test or 2) taken this type of test but not achieved qualifying test scores.
- You are not applying for Education Program for Gifted Youth (EPGY) courses. (EPGY applicants must apply as a new or prequalified student; you may not apply via an Admission Portfolio.)
School groups enrolling five or more students to Gifted LearningLinks are eligible for a 10% discount. Individual students should select the applicant type above most suited to them and follow the appropriate application steps. To apply for the group discount, a designated school contact must e-mail or call (847/491-3782, extension 5) to receive a school code. This code will enable school personnel or families to submit applications online by entering the code on the Certification Page. Payment must be made subsequently by credit card, purchase order or check.