CogAT Testing Above-Grade-Level
CogAT Testing Online from Home
For families looking for insights into student learning and need for advanced or accelerated coursework, Center for Talent Development is offering remote assessment using CogAT. CTD's above-grade-level assessments give you insights into your student's academic abilities and compares their performance to other high-achieving students who have taken the same assessment. Students in grades 2 through 9 may register for the CogAT administered above grade level. The test will be administered using the version one-grade-level above the student's enrolled grade in school.
Because of the requirements of remote testing, there are limited days and times available. Registrations will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
Cost is $100, which is paid via credit card during the registration process.
Please note the following before registering for a remote CogAT test:
- To participate in remote CogAT assessment, the student must have a parent or guardian present at all times during the testing session.
- Two devices are required for testing: one for the test platform, and one for Zoom.
- Families must provide headphones for the student to use during the test.
- This test experience is designed for students who can work independently on the technology with minimal guidance or assistance. Because of the virtual environment, the proctor from CTD will have limited ability to assist students and families with technology issues.
- If the student is not technology proficient or has never participated in an organized school or class environment, this format for testing may not be optimal.
To register for CogAT testing, you will need to create a new account in MyCTD, which is CTD's online system, or login to your existing account. After you create a student profile or select a currently existing student profile, click "Register for Testing".
For all details about the above-grade-level CogAT, visit the web page.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.