CogAT Testing On-Grade-Level
For families looking for insights into student learning or interested in assessment for program eligibility (test scores are valid for 2 years for CTD programs), Center for Talent Development is offering remote assessment for students using CogAT. Any child in Kindergarten through grade 1 may register for the Cognitive Abilities Test (CogAT).
Because of the requirements of remote testing, there are limited days and times available. Registrations will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
Cost is $100, which is paid via credit card during the registration process.
Please note the following before registering for a remote CogAT test:
- To participate in remote CogAT assessment, the student must have a parent or guardian present at all times during the testing session.
- Two devices are required for testing: one for the test platform, and one for Zoom.
- Families must provide headphones for the student to use during the test.
- This test experience is designed for students who can work independently on the technology with minimal guidance or assistance. Because of the virtual environment, the proctor from CTD will have limited ability to assist students and families with technology issues.
- If the student is not technology proficient or has never participated in an organized school or class environment, this format for testing may not be optimal.
To register for CogAT testing, you will need to create a new account in MyCTD, which is CTD's online system, or login to your existing account. After you create a student profile or select a currently existing student profile, click "Register for Testing".