JKC Young Scholars Application Workshop
What is the scholarship?
The Young Scholars Program provides academic and college advising as well as financial support for enrichment opportunities throughout high school. Beginning at the end of 8th grade, Cooke Young Scholars:
Participate in high-quality academic and extracurricular opportunities in their local community, on college campuses, and around the globe.
Develop the knowledge, talents, and leadership skills to be significant contributors.
- Set and reach academic and talent goals that will prepare them to be competitive, well-informed applicants for our nation’s best colleges and universities.
Who qualifies for this scholarship?
To be considered for the Young Scholars Program, the applicant must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Grade level -Entering 8th grade in the fall.
- Academics -Since the beginning of 6th grade, have earned grades of all or mostly A's in school with no C's or below in core academic subjects.
- Income -Demonstrate unmet financial need. We will consider applicants with family income up to $95,000.
- Location -Reside in the U.S. or a U.S. territory and plan to attend high school in the U.S.
Why come to the workshop?
The workshop will answer specific questions about the scholarship, review the application sections (parent section, student section, recommendations required, essay), and how to start the application process. The goal is to help families prepare to complete and submit anon-time application. Please note that registration is required for this event.
Questions or want more information about the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation and their scholarships? Contact Tammie Stewart at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://www.ctd.northwestern.edu/jack-kent-cooke-foundation-scholarships