MAP Testing On-Grade-Level
MAP Testing Online from Home (Students age 4 through grade 9)
For families looking for insights into student learning or interested in assessment for program eligibility (test scores are valid for 2 years for CTD programs), Center for Talent Development is offering remote assessment for students using MAP. Any child from PreK through grade 9 may register for the Measures of Academic Progress (NWEA MAP). In general, students older than grade 3 are encouraged to consider above-grade-level assessment unless they are new to standardized testing or do not have access to grade-level-testing.
Because of the requirements of remote testing, there are limited days and times available. Registrations will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
Cost is $100, which is paid via credit card during the registration process.
Please note the following before registering for a remote MAP test:
- To participate in remote MAP assessment, the student must have a parent or guardian present at all times during the testing session.
- Testing requires an iPad or Chromebook for students in K-grade 2. Students in grades 3-9 may use a desktop or laptop computer. (See Technology Requirements section for details.) A second device (phone, laptop, tablet, etc.) needs to be available to host the Zoom video session.
- Families must provide headphones for students in K-grade 2 to use during the test.
- This test experience is designed for students who can work independently on the technology with minimal guidance or assistance. Because of the virtual environment, the proctor from CTD will have limited ability to assist students and families with technology issues.
- If the student is not technology proficient or has never participated in an organized school or class environment, this format for testing may not be optimal.
To register for MAP testing, you will need to create a new account in MyCTD, which is CTD's online system, or login to your existing account. After you create a student profile or select a currently existing student profile, click "Register for Testing".
For all details about the testing process, visit the MAP web page.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.